Do you want to learn French? Not sure how to start? Have you learned any languages before? Your best bet is to find a French teacher who can help and teach you.
French is a beautiful and rich language and one of the most widely spoken languages in the world. it can claim to be the only language to be represented officially on every continent of the planet. French is the official language of over 25 countries, Francais, the other name for French, mainly spoken in France, Belgium and Switzerland has a history dating back as early as 842 AD. Of course, French is primarily spoken in France, but it is also spoken in many countries in Africa and believe it or not, it is the fourth most spoken language in the USA. Only English, Spanish and Chinese top it there.
You can see the advantages to learning to speak French are many. If you are a world traveler, or wish to visit or reside in France for a while, then it is essential to learn how to speak the language.
So what is the best way to learning French? There are many methods, such as going back to school or taking an evening class. You could try to teach yourself with CDs and audio tapes, or of course using one of the many pieces of software that are out there. You could even move to France and jump right in and learn it as you go along, by experience.
All are useful and good ways to learn to speak the language and should not be dismissed in any way.
However, arguably the best way to learn the language is one on one with a French teacher. This opens up a variety of positive reasons compared to the other methods of learning, such as:
- The personal language teacher will be able to quickly assess what level you are at and build the teaching around that.
- Focus of the lessons are entirely on you.
- The lessons can flow at your own pace, so there is never any fear of being left behind.
- If you are stuck, the teacher is there instantly to help.
- Help with pronunciation of words. French is much stricter than English, and if you do not pronounce words properly, you will not be understood.
- Because you are the only one being taught, all the time is spent with you rather than having to wait your turn as in a class.
- Your teacher will get to know you much quicker and therefore be able to adapt teaching techniques to suit you.
These are just a few examples of why having your own personal French teacher is better than the other methods of learning.
However, to really maximize your French learning, by all means utilize these other methods along with your French lessons, it will help you understand a great deal more, as well as accelerate your learning experience.
Having your own French teacher to teach you French will provide you with an excellent foundation and enable you to continue in your studies It will help accelerate your knowledge to being closer to a fluent speaker.
Your passport to France is not as far out of reach as you might think.
Sign up for your own personal French lessons today!